The benefits of regular exercise are plentiful. Not only can 30 minutes of physical activity a day help you reach your fitness goals, but it can also provide a vast array of positive effects on your mental health. We’ve listed the top 10 physical and mental health benefits Victory Gym can help you achieve!
- 1. Aid weight loss or maintain weight and muscle: Regular physical activity assists to burn calories and therefore to lose weight. Similarly, the right diet coupled with regular intense training will help to maintain muscle strength and size.
- 2. Boosts energy: If you’re finding it difficult to do regular daily chores due to fatigue, regular exercise can work to help boost your endurance and energy levels.
- 3. Promotes better sleeping patterns: If you exercise too close to your bedtime, it can actually hinder you from getting a good night’s sleep. However, training at the correct time can allow you to later have less trouble falling asleep and going into a deep sleep, leaving you refreshed for work the next morning.
- 4. Sparks your sex life: Did you know that regular physical activity enhances arousal in women and reduces erectile issues? Not only that, but working out energises you and leaves you looking good and feeling confident.
- 5. Combats disease and illness: If you’re worried about attaining a genetic health condition which may run in your family line, physical activity can help to reduce your predisposed risks. It can help to manage type 2 diabetes, stroke, blood pressure and heart conditions.
- 6. Reduce stress: Regular exercise increases the chemical norepinephrine which manages the brains response to stress.
- 7. Creates happy chemicals: Regular physical activity releases endorphins which create a sense of euphoria and happiness.
- Improves memory: Exercise helps the production of cells in the hippocampus which is responsible for memory and learning.
- 9. Reduces anxiety and depression: Exercise can be just as effective as anti-depression medication due to the endorphins released into the brain. This works to combat depression without the aid of medicine. This also works to help those with anxiety disorders to calm down.
- 10. Improves self-confidence: Fitness can promote self-worth and self-esteem as it leaves you looking and feeling more confident regardless of your age, weight or gender!